Monday, July 11, 2011

Loving Companionship



I began a new devotional book this morning and this blog is going to be my thoughts as I journey through it.  This book, "Hinds' Feet on High Places" was given to me by an amazing woman named, Tana Allen.  She went to be the Lord but her legacy and deep desire to live a daily life dedicated to God will always live on.  Inside the cover of the book was this note from her,

"There is no greater blessing than to learn, grow, and impart God's love to another.  I've never regretted one day in the harvest field of souls since meeting my Savior in this journey called life.  Cutting a path with Jesus at your side requires love, devotion, desire, and a commitment to Him.  "The harvest is plenteous but the laborers are few" - The time is now, the place is ATC.  We'll celebrate together on the other side as I look forward to each of your smiling faces as you "bring your sheaves" with you."

Love Always,

Tana


This first devotional talks about everyone’s desire to have a loving companionship.  This desire is "insatiable" I looked up that word and it means, "Impossible to satisfy."  The word impossible means, not able to occur, exist or be done.  What a depressing word!  No one wants to hear that something we want or desire is impossible.  Matthew 19:26 says that with man things are impossible but with God ALL things are possible!  That's more like it :)  Only with God are the impossible, possible!  Psalms 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires or your heart".  Loving people unconditionally has been something that's been on my mind a lot lately.  If deep inside each of us we desire to have loving companionship, and God says that if we delight ourselves in him he will give us our hearts desire then God will make the impossible (showing unconditional love to others) possible :) 

For those of you who are like me and didn't like people.  This is a hard battle to face.  I just wanted to get my groceries, or pay for gas, or buy my shoes without having to talk to someone.  Then, God, gave me these verses, "We love because he first loved us.  If anyone says, "I love God", yet hates his brother, he is a liar.  For anyone who does not love his brother, who he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.  And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother." 1 John 4:18-21 (NIV)

In case you didn't notice but the word "command" is in there.  The word command means "to direct with authority; give orders to."  When we give our order to a waiter, we expect it to come out of that kitchen exactly as we ordered it, right?  Why shouldn't God expect the same from us when he ordered us to love our brother?

Do you have a hard time loving others unconditionally?  Ask God to help you with this, scripture says he will give you the desires of your heart.  :) I thought loving people would be "impossible" for me. :) With God, all things are possible .  Love you!!

Have a blessed day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment