Monday, July 25, 2011

Yearning Heart

Have you ever had a yearning heart?  I'll just go ahead and tell you that you have, so have I.  Yearning means to have an intense feeling of loss or lack & longing for something.  We yearn for a deceased person, or something we want to have.  In some cases, not all...I think yearning is a branch of fear.  When a spouse or parent passes away, we fear of being alone or without them so we yearn for them back in our lives.  It's in our nature to fear, we can't escape it...but we can find a comforter you can rely on to help you. 

Why do parents want their small children to hold their hand when crossing a busy street?  Or walking through a crowded mall or zoo?  To keep them safe of course!  To keep them from stumbling or getting lost.  Isaiah 41:13 says, "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee".  That's a pretty easy verse to comprehend but just in case I'll spell it out for you. :) God is telling us that he will hold our hand and say to us, Fear NOT! I will help you!  Get it now?

As children we trust our parents, we rely on them to keep us safe.  When I was growing up there were 5 of us kids.  I hated it then but wouldn't trade any of them for the world now.  We used to play those games where one of us would be chasing the others.  Running around the house, screaming with excitement and a few nervous laughs in there too.  No one wanted to be "caught".  As this craziness would go on my dad would happen to walk by and we would run to him, "Daddy!! Daddy!! Save me!!  They are trying to get me!!"  We would run and leap into his arms or hide behind him.  Why would we shout that?  We knew that he would save us. :)

Are you being chased?  By fear, loneliness, despair, regret, anger, or something else trying to "catch" you?  Bible says God is our heavenly Father.  Cry out to Him! "Daddy, Daddy, save me!"  1 Thessalonians 5:24 says, "Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it".  We already know God has chosen us, and we already know He is a faithful God, scripture says this several times.  You think he wanted us to know that?  :)

If you have a yearning heart about something heavy, bring it to God.  He will take your hand and pull you through.  He promised that and He is FAITHFUL!

Have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

  1. Cassie,how awesome. What a great word picture you painted!

    ReplyDelete